This morning a video of Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides getting mauled at a show in Brazil was posted on Absolutepunk. It was from about a month ago (January 20th), but still relevant for discussion purposes because, well, THERE ARE MANY POINTS TO DISCUSS. Watch:
1. I've never been to Brazil, but I somehow have inherent knowledge that fans there really take it to the next level. Maybe because every time I ask for fan questions, I just get a barrage of "COME TO BRAZIL" replies, no matter what band I'm even collecting on behalf of. That said, why, as a band member, would you jump in the pit? I mean, I like swimming and all, but I wouldn't so much as stick a toe in the water if I thought something might bite me. Or grab me.
2. I've known bands to get extra security in Brazil... so why is there exactly ONE dude attempting to help Andy back up on stage? Maybe we should've thought this out a bit.
3. Brazil--what's the deal? Why do you think it's ok to be so forceful with your beloved band dudes? What do you expect the outcome to be? Hugs? A hot date?
4. When a fan is getting mauled, a band often STOPS playing so that the audience will calm the eff down. Does his band secretly hate him and want him to die via the dagger nails og fangirls?
5. Throwing your microphone down and storming off stage is not very rock and roll. It also doesn't seem like something that would alter the future behavior of fans. Probably would I would do is start playing something awful like Nickelback of Celine Dion until they stopped being animals and started being respectful little rockers. BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
Anyway, thoughts? Opinions? I'd like to hear some perspectives here.
Frank Iero fans, we asked you to submit your questions for the former My Chemical Romance guitarist, and you did not disappoint, leaving us hundreds of inquiries for the musician. Before heading on tour with Taking Back Sunday and the Used, Frank popped into our HQ to sit down for a PV Fan Q&A.
A Rocket To The Moon, All Time Low, Anarbor, Brand New, Bright Eyes, Britney Spears, Broadway Calls, Cartel, Cobra Starship, Death Cab for Cutie, Escape The Fate, Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, Gwen Stefani, Gym Class Heroes, Hilary Duff, Jacks Mannequin, Jimmy Eat World, Kate Nash, Kelly Clarkson, Lily Allen, Metric, Motion City Soundtrack, MxPx, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory, No Doubt, Ok Go, Over It, Panic at the Disco, Paramore, Pink, Reeve Oliver, Regina Spektor, Save Ferris, Say Anything, Something Corporate, Stars, Sugarcult, Tegan & Sara, The Academy Is, The Dresden Dolls, The Hush Sound, The Killers, The Matches, The Postal Service, The Starting Line, This Providence, VV Brown, Weezer, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Yellowcard
13 Going On 30, Almost Famous, Amelie, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Chicago, Closer, Clueless, Empire Records, Enchanted, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fight Club, Finding Nemo, Garden State, High Fidelity, Juno, Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, Meet Joe Black, Oceans 11, Pirates of the Caribbean, Swingers, The Goonies, Youve Got Mail
Favorite TV Shows:
Criminal Minds, Lie To Me, Lost, pushing daisies, weeds
An Invisible Sign of my Own, Ask the Dust, Blink, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Girl in a Flammable Skirt, High Fidelity, How To Get Anyone To Do Anything, How We Are Hungry, Life After God, Lullabye, Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Songbook, The Boy With The Thorn in His Side, The Shopaholic series, Willfull Creatures